NextReports Server is a reporting server that helps automating production and delivery of business reports.
NextReports Server handles reports created with different report designers (NextReports, JasperReports and more to come).
Featuring a fast and efficient web interface, NextReports Server makes use of advanced Web 2.0/Ajax technologies to provide speed and ease of use normally experienced in desktop applications.
NextReports Server allows you to schedule NextReports and Jasper reports and to automatically deliver them via E-mail, FTP, SSH, Windows Share or WebDAV to your business contacts in most popular file formats like HTML, EXCEL, PDF, RTF, CSV, TSV, TXT or XML. NextReports Server can schedule table and indicator reports to send alerts if some conditions are met.
NextReports Server shows your charts, table reports, alarm reports and value indicators in real time inside dashboards. Data can be analyzed using drill-down and pivot structures.
Open Source Project
NextReports Server is an open source project. It can be found on github.
Keep your IT Security Deparment happy. NextReports server uses advanced security technology!
Allows other applications to interact with the server using a simple api on following levels:
- storage level : list reports, charts, folders, data sources; create folders; publish reports, charts and data sources; download reports and charts (these methods are also used by NextReports Designer)
- process level : run reports on the server from your proprietary applications with your specific parameters values
One place for all relevant reports in an organization.
Integrate reporting from various sources: ERP, CRM, Billing System, Marketing databases, etc
Easy access to reports for all stakeholders through scheduling and various report distribution types like email, FTP, SSH, Windows Share, WebDAV
Multiple Data Source Management
Easy management of multiple data sources through JDBC to popular databases: Oracle (11g R2), MSSQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebird, Derby, SQLite, CSV files. NextReports Server can use any other JDBC driver.
NextReports Remote JDBC driver
NextReports has a remote JDC driver to allow access from designer through NextReports Server to data sources that otherwise are not exposed to outside world.
Provides access to scheduling, running and distributing reports. Supports Filter and Chained Parameters
NextReports Server manages different report types (NextReports, JasperReports and more to come)
Multi-format Export Capabilities
Generate reports in the following formats: HTML, EXCEL, PDF, RTF, TSV, CSV, TXT, XML
Dashboards & Charts
NextReports Server allows to organize your charts, tables, alarms and value indicators inside dashboards
Drill Down Charts & Table Reports
NextReports Server allows to define a drill down charts and table reports chain
Analyse Data with Pivots
Users can create a pivot from any report to analyse data
Allows creation of both simple and complex schedules for reporting jobs
Reports Run History
Keeps the history for all reports ran
Generated reports can be distributed to interested business users via web, email, FTP, SSH, Windows Share and WebDAV
Alarms and Value indicators can be scheduled to send some mails to users only if a specific condition is met.
- Remote database connection from NextReports Designer. Your database will not be exposed to outsiders.
- Administrators can manage user access to any data source, report or scheduler job, based role/user permissions
- Https support
- Users synchronization with other applications (realm login)
- Single Sign On support (CAS)
- Profiles to restrict user interactions with application sections and actions
Quick view for all generated or running reports, offering the possibility to stop running jobs
Reports & Charts Versioning
Safe way to manage reports / charts versions and history
- Any widget from any dashboard has an iframe code which can be used from external HTML pages
- Entire sections from server like Reports, Charts, Dashboards can be embedded as an iframe in custom web applications
- Allow to export data from a repository to an xml file.
- Allow to import data into a repository from an exported xml file.
- Internal Search
- Cache for both business entities and dashboard widgets
- Easy configuration
- Easy backup of server content repository
- War file to be deployed in web servers (Jetty, Tomcat, Oracle iPlanet Web Server)
- Web Service api for common functionality (publish, download, run reports from your application inside a NextReports Server
- Supports multipe Application Servers: Oracle WebLogic Server 11g R1, Jboss, Oracle OC4J, Oracle Application Server
- Multi-platform, tested on: Windows, Oracle Linux 5.5, RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS Linux
- Color themes created by user