NextReports Designer is a FREE TO USE AdHoc Query and Reporting software that promotes simple, fast and powerful report creation, which runs on any operating system that supports Java 1.6
By employing unique features, like in-spreadsheet design, Next Reports Designer aims to speed up reporting tasks.
Forget about bloated and complex tools; reporting can now be done in minutes instead of hours. Download NextReports Designer and see for yourself.
Open Source Project
- You can use NextReports Designer free of charge! It does not include any nag-screens, limited functionality or any other limitations. Project sources can be found on github.
Easy to use
- NextReports Designer is easy to use and easy to learn for non-programmers. You can create queries without SQL knowledge using a friendly graphical interface.
- By using real in-spreadsheet design, predefined templates and tabular structure, NextReports Designer speeds up reporting tasks. You can now design reports in minutes instead of hours.
- You can download our documentation for NextReports Designer for free! Also, see our video tutorials on using the Designer.
Multi database support
NextReports Designer can connect to most popular databases, like Oracle (11g R2), MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Derby, Firebird, SQLite, Vertica. Any other JDBC driver can be added and used by NextReports Designer.
CSV data files
NextReports Designer can connect to CSV data files to create reports and charts in the same way database connections work.
Fast report and chart designing
Two ways to create a report or a chart: query design and wizard
In-spreadsheet design, easy to use tabular structure
- Predefined templates
- Auto or Manual column size
- Export to HTML, EXCEL, PDF, RTF, CSV, TSV, TXT, XML
No need for SQL syntax knowledge
- Create queries without SQL knowledge using a friendly graphical interface
- Define and use parameters in a friendly manner; their types and their UI components are automatically generated
- A simple to use wizard will make report creation a very fast process
- NextReports Designer is Free to Use reporting software
- Reports are simple xmls and do not require a compilation step
Increased reports productivity
- Build formatted reports in minutes
- Use the wizard for even faster report creation
- Steep learning curve
- One-click server publishing and downloading
- Reports can contain other reports, charts, links, parameters, variables, images, barcodes
- Excel templates
- 'Multiple Report' element to obtain horizontal data scaling
- Charts can have dynamic series
- Create queries from stored procedures
- Save data sources and visible schemas
- Advanced users can write their own SQL
- Support for Chained Parameters
- Running reports can be stopped
- Html accessibility properties (scope, id, headers)
- Create special kind of reports to be used inside server dashboards : alarms, tables & value indicators
- Save charts as images to be used inside reports, or as flash to be used inside server dashboards
- Bulk sql validation for queries, reports and charts
- One-click Backup & Restore
- Import from older versions
- Native installer for Windows and Linux (Oracle Linux 5.5, RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS Linux, etc.)
- Supports multipe Application Servers: Oracle WebLogic Server 11g R1, Jboss, Oracle OC4J, Oracle Application Server